HONOURED CITIZEN AWARD
The Honoured Citizen Award is a tribute to a member of the community, who has rendered eminent service for the good of others. There are very many people in our Town, who contribute tirelessly in all aspects of voluntary service, whether it be practical assistance to others, recreation and community activities or raising funds for charity. The Award is a way of acknowledging, officially, our gratitude for unrewarded effort.
If you would like to nominate someone for the Honoured Citizen Award please contact the Council office on 01379 643848 for a nomination form.
The Honoured Citizen Award 2012 was granted to Alan Rowe and was presented to her at the Council meeting in December by Town Mayor Graham Minshull more...
HONOURED CITIZEN RULES
- The award (Honoured Citizen) is a tribute to a member of the community and confers no materials honours or special privileges.
- Those qualifying for the Honoured Citizen award should be considered to have rendered eminent service to the community.
- Serving Members of the Town Council should not be eligible for the award and should not be eligible to propose or second nominations.
- Any resident of Diss may be nominated for the award of Honoured Citizen of the Town although nominees who do not have residential qualification will be considered at the Town Council’s discretion.
- Nominations should be submitted to the Town Clerk – the nominee having been proposed and seconded by two Diss Residents or those with an interest in the town ie business/employment/community group leader or similar (Appropriate forms available).
- Nominations for the 2013 award should be submitted by 11th November 2013.
- The Town Mayor then in office, will make recommendations to Council for the recipient(s) of the award, to be decided at the November Full Council Meeting. The successful recipient will then be informed in writing that they have been nominated for the award and should they wish to accept then this needs to be in writing to the Town Clerk, Diss Town Council.
- Presentation of the Award will be made by the Town Mayor at a suitable ceremony at the Full Council Meeting in December.
- The recipient will receive an engraved scroll and his/her name will be inscribed on a Roll of Honour board erected in the Corn Hall.